THE MOSS BANK JFC VISION – NOW AND BEYOND
First And foremost, we I want to thank everyone for making our great club a major flagship for Junior Football across Bolton and the North West.
We would like everyone to appreciate all the incredible hard work that goes into running one of the biggest Junior Football Clubs in Bolton, as it’s easy for us all to see only what goes into training and match day.
We want to share with you all, we are preparing for more growth both on and off the pitch with our plans for growing all formats of football including girls football and futsal.
Close on 30 Moss Bank teams from U7-U21’s and approx 400 children make our Club one of the most respected in the league at all levels.
As Mossback Chairman and Club Secretary we are proud to be part of this wonderful club, league and community.
Just to let our club members, and all potential new club additions we want everyone to know where our Moss Bank subscriptions are invested. We have highlighted some of the areas we fund, and put the money back into the club for the benefit of the children at grassroots football level.
- A full training kit
- A full match kit
- Training every week through the winter on all weather pitches-Thornleigh
- Pitch maintenance including line marking to enable a Saturday game to be played
- Referee fees
- End of season awards and player trophies
- Christmas contribution for every child
- Club insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- League Fees for every team
- Free goalkeeping coaching
- Level 1 training for all coaches to enable them to coach the children
- First aid training for all coaches to enable them to coach
- National CRB check for all coaches
As we develop our vision, its worth standing back to share our successes and current initiatives. These include:
- The pitches and the clubhouse are now under Moss Bank control on a 25 year lease.
- Pitch maintenance, (cutting, slitting, rolling, quaking, overseeding, vertidraining, grass repairs, drainage and line marking improving pitch quality
- FA grants for machinery
- FA grants for girls football
- 2 LAL Open Age Teams
- Vets O35s Team
- Marketing of the club on social media etc is at an all time high. On this initiative please note the following social media accounts:
- Facebook – Moss Bank JFC
- Moss Bank being used by the FA as a benchmark for summer football
- Pitches used by the biggest rounders club in Bolton
- Pitches used by The Bolton Metro Cricket League
- Moss Bank official sat on the BBDFL League Committee
- Moss Bank chosen as 1 of only 30 sites in the country to trial an artificial cricket surface ( doesn’t affect our football)
- Moss Bank chosen as a central HUB for U7-9 Summer football
- The appointment of a new Sports Development Director
If anyone wishes to join our club and be part of a growing club, please contact us direct.
Marcus Howarth – Club Secretary